This recipe is awesome! It's a great alternative to give a little interest to your dinner party or barbecue. Or even good enough to have with lunch. It's a little sweet from the cranberries and the cashews give it a nice crunch. The original recipe calls for bacon, which I left out cause it kind of overwhelmed the salad, and it's perfect without it. Over all this recipe is cool, creamy and super yummy! Enjoy!
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup half & half cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup cashews, cut in half
- 1/3 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- A pinch of salt and pepper
In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, onion, cranberries and bacon. In a small, bowl combine the mayonnaise, cream and sugar until smooth. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Recipe at www.tasteofhome.com